you see this?
it’s called a razor
if you’re a girl, USE IT
your hairy legs and armpits aren’t cute okay
you’re not helping out for woman’s rights or anything
YOU’RE JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK NASTY
Women have been socialized to believe that they must remove hair for a number of reasons, primarily the following:
- hair is historically and Biblically associated with power; we as a patriarchal culture are obsessed with keeping hair on men (facial hair, Hair Club for Men, hair plugs, whatever) and keeping it off women. You say hair on women is nasty; why is it only hair on women? Women and men have the same pubic hair. We all grow it out of our follicles for the same reason. Why is it only gross on women?
- women’s bodies have been considered the property of men since the dawn of time, and therefore we have been held to a standard of beauty and attractiveness that is not determined by us but is instead determined by something called the male gaze, which is erases all sexualities and genders other than cisgender heterosexual men and assumes that women are performing for it.
- childlike women are considered less “threatening” and more “feminine” because they are naive, quiet, and rely on ~*adult men*~ to take care of them.
- there is a fallacy about pubic hair that it is dirty. It is not dirty. In fact, it’s there to keep your genitals cleaner. Pubic hair and armpit hair are also there to spread your pheromones around and make it easier for you to attract a mate.
- all mammals have hair. We’re mammals.
- No one else’s body is your business. Ever. You want to shave? Go ahead! That’s totally your prerogative and if you’re more comfortable shaving, feel free. But given that pubic hair isn’t innately dirty, there’s no reason for anyone to remove it if they don’t want to.
You’re not sending out some edgy, hardcore message here. You’re just reinforcing what our culture wants you to reinforce. Before you pick up that razor again, think about why you want to shave. Is it just because our culture told you to? Why’d they tell you to? What’s the point?
Do what makes you comfortable and what makes you happy, and let others do the same.
- symphonikaa likes this
- oosmik likes this
- chocolatecoveredjerky reblogged this from lipstick-feminists
- rudyzarosinski reblogged this from lipstick-feminists
- youjump-x-ijump reblogged this from firelordtyzula
- just-wes likes this
- shewillalwaysbe reblogged this from tristanbigfish
- lithiumix reblogged this from dyingmessenger
- dogempire likes this
- linifer reblogged this from pierce-the-bianca
- et-stille-stjerneskudd likes this
- revengedhedgehog reblogged this from timesupfalco and added:
- lady-hecate reblogged this from timesupfalco
- timesupfalco reblogged this from dyingmessenger
- totalretcon reblogged this from dyingmessenger
- totalretcon likes this
- nezumi801 reblogged this from thevorpalbladewentsnickersnack
- hardheadedangel reblogged this from bloodredridinghood
- fall-asleepanddream likes this
- piercethepaigeyy likes this
- yeahboyydollface reblogged this from pierce-the-bianca
- yeahboyydollface likes this
- lauritabl likes this
- on-myown reblogged this from kellinquinnxvicfuentes
- product-of-darkness likes this
- pierce-the-bianca reblogged this from kellinquinnxvicfuentes
- kellinquinnxvicfuentes reblogged this from i-wont-eat-anything-green
- kellinquinnxvicfuentes likes this
- i-wont-eat-anything-green reblogged this from duack
- peetaslovemuffin reblogged this from okaynaptime
- lambzie likes this
- drownedratindustries likes this
- the-killing-of-kings reblogged this from nuderefsarebest
- musakcritiq likes this
- aries-trinity reblogged this from moments-of-insanity
- lokili-in-the-tardis-at-221b likes this
- autarkical likes this
- evil-is-not-born-its-made reblogged this from twoofabillionstars
- twoofabillionstars reblogged this from tikallistibitches
- clockworkwatch likes this
- badvelociraptor likes this
- moments-of-insanity reblogged this from ittybittychekov
- moments-of-insanity likes this
- where-confusion-is-a-crime reblogged this from pudding-and-douchebaggery
- she-is-the-toughest-fighter reblogged this from tikallistibitches
- tikallistibitches reblogged this from alliteratedlesbian
- ocs-are-my-speciality reblogged this from ravedanceninja
- tiny-reasons reblogged this from caustic-audacity and added:
- alliteratedlesbian reblogged this from pudding-and-douchebaggery